What is resveratrol?
Resveratrol is the healthy nutrient you may have heard about in red wine. Beyond the grapes that make the wine, this polyphenol is also found in other plants and is used as a protector from the harsh environments in which they grow. It has been mentioned as a key component of the “French Paradox”, allowing the French to consume a high saturated fat diet while maintain a relatively healthy cardiovascular system.
How does it work?
Resveratrol rejuvenates the mitochondria which act as the powerhouses of our cells. This has beneficial effects on many parts of the body and thus supports healthy aging. Its inherent anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and cell nourishing effects point to the mechanisms by which resveratrol can have a broad impact.
- Balances bone resorption with bone formation
- Acts in a complimentary way to calcium and Vitamin D for bone health
- Increases flexibility of veins and arteries thus lowering blood pressure
- Provides anti-inflammatory properties which can impact heart health
- Crosses blood brain barrier
- Shows beneficial impact on bio-markers relating to slowing Alzheimer’s
- Increases cerebral blood flow
- Improves hippocampal functional connectivity (memory)
- Increases moisturization and reduces wrinkling
- Reduces oxidative stress
- Promotes skin whitening
Blood Glucose Control
- Affects insulin sensitivity and blood glucose maintenance
- Increases the uptake of glucose in the absence of insulin
- Mimics the effect of a calorie-restricted diet
What makes Evolva’s resveratrol unique?
Evolva’s resveratrol is fermented from yeast providing a >98% pure trans-resveratrol that is consistent batch to batch and free from environmental pollutants. The natural fermentation and purification process does not use harsh solvents that are present in the chemical synthesis used for synthetic resveratrol.
Evolva’s Veri-teTM resveratrol can be used in a variety of applications including dietary supplements, foods, beverages, cosmetics and personal care products. Veri-te has regulatory approvals in a variety of areas around the world including Novel Foods approval in Europe. It is also self-affirmed GRAS in the US.
Where can I find it?
Evolva’s Resveratrol is available on our web shop, through our Distributors or directly from our Commercial Team. Visit www.veri-teresveratrol.com for more information.