A Versatile Ingredient
Nootkatone is a natural ingredient that occurs in grapefruit and certain other plants and is responsible for the characteristic smell of grapefruit. Due to its versatility it drives consumer preference across a wide range of foods and beverages along with fragrance, personal care and home products.
By brewing our nootkatone from sugar, rather than extracting it from the skin of grapefruits, Evolva’s process allows nootkatone to be made in large amounts in a highly reproducible, contaminant free, sustainable and affordable manner.
- Scott Fabro to join Evolva as chief commercial officer 12. June 2017
- Evolva publishes financial results for 2016 and updates on projects 30. March 2017
- Evolva teams up with FCI to expand nootkatone and valencene sales & marketing in Europe 16. March 2017
- Evolva achieves second milestone in fragrance & flavour alliance with Takasago 9. March 2017
- Evolva presents its sustainable, next-generation ingredients at the FlavourTalk conference 15. February 2017
- Evolva launches websites for F&F ingredients nootkatone and valencene 31. August 2016
- Show more
More sustainable and cost effective
- It takes 400,000 grapefruits to produce just 1 kg of nootkatone
- Consequently, sourcing nootkatone from the fruit is almost prohibitively expensive
An affordable solution for common supply chain problems
- Guaranteed GMO free, no GMO labelling required
- Highest purity available (> 98%)
- Profile closest to Nootkatone ex citrus
- Sustainable source material
- No seasonal variations
- No batch-to-batch variations
- Consistent quality
- Predictable, reliable supply chain
- Continuous improvement in productivity
If you have any questions about our nootkatone or just want more information please do not hesitate to contact one of our specialists.
Jean-Philippe Meyer is a trained analytical chemist and would be happy to answer questions relating to chemical details, safety and regulatory documents.
Michael Malone our F & F expert, has an extensive industry knowledge and experience and would be happy to answer questions, and if required, visit you to discuss your potential needs in more detail.